We’re Looking for the Newest Member of Our TeamDeveloper Ning News
Here at Ning, we’ve had the fortune of getting a lot done with a small group of highly productive and extremely talented developers. In the past month, we’ve been approached with a number of great opportunities to create new social web apps for us and others. Because of this demand, we’re looking to add another person to our team.
As a Sr. Developer at Ning.com, you’ll be joining a team of talented, passionate developers, including:
- David Sklar, author of Learning PHP 5, O’Reilly (2004), Essential PHP Tools, Apress (2004), and PHP Cookbook, O’Reilly (2002)
- Jonathan Aquino, creator of Yubnub and software blogger
- Diego Doval, lead architect of Ning and software blogger
- Brian McCallister, architect, software blogger, and member of the Apache Software Foundation
- Mike Rowehl, developer, software blogger, and co-founder of Mobile Monday
- Martin Traverso, architect and software blogger
Ideally, we’d like someone here in Palo Alto full-time, however for the right person we’d consider a remote gig in our time zone (pacific standard time).
The opportunity is pretty straightforward:
- Help shape technical direction of new, rapidly growing online service.
- Build great software with a team of talented, passionate developers looking to make an impact on how people use the Internet in their daily lives.
- Work on relatively autonomous, fast-paced projects in a flat org.
As for the job itself:
- Develop new social web apps on Ning that are cloned, customized, and used by real people.
- Determine new shared libraries, wrapper classes, and other developer features to incorporate into Ning’s online platform.
- Ensure kick-ass performance, stability, scalability, and support of your social web apps.
- Own your own projects – pursuing a combination of things that need to be done and things you want to do.
If you think we might be the team for you, check out the complete job description and drop us a line.