Great Post by the Network Creator of Obamacycle.comNing Network Spotlight
Obamacycle.com is a social network on Ning that is “Craigslist for Campaign Materials”.
We featured it on the Ning Blog a bit ago and, Furqan Nazeeri, its Network Creator just wrote this great post about his experience.
Here’s the summary of his lessons learned:
10. It is fast, easy and cheap to launch a community site.
9. The community is your best source of product features.
8. The community is your best PR agency.
7. Members fall into three categories.
6. Press has a natural progression.
5. Online press coverage is better than offline.
4. Forget about making money off advertising.
3. The name is important.
2. Features don’t really matter.
1. You can get real work out of community members.
This post is definitely worth reading for any Network Creator.