A few weeks ago, we announced a project to make the Main Page of your Ning Networks more interactive and engaging. I’d like to share our progress with you.
Here’s a screenshot of the new Activity Feed in action, along with a Main Page status box:
There several things I’d like to highlight here:
- Members can post a Status from the Main Page. If you uncheck “Status updates” in the Latest Activity controls, this box will disappear.
- Activity Items have a new, cleaner UI that makes it easier for members to interact with content in the feed.
- Videos are playable inline, and photo thumbnails are larger.
- When you click “Continue” on a blog post, the post expands inline.
See how this Ning Network looks in comparison for a clear picture of the improvements.
We’re going to release this new and improved Activity Feed on a select number of Ning Networks very soon, and gather feedback and data on how people are using it. We’re also going to release it here on Creators, so you can get a feel for it from a member’s perspective.
In the meantime, we’re also working on these additional features:
- Ability to like & comment inline on the Activity Feed
- Ability to like & comment on statuses.
Screenshots and more details on those features to come.
I’d also like to call out that when we release the Activity Feed improvements to the Ning Platform, they will take effect on all Ning Networks. We’ll be posting more details in the coming weeks to ensure that you’re equipped with everything you need to take advantage of these new features and communicate them to your members.
No related posts.