Platform-wide scheduled maintenance this Friday, December 2Technology
We will be performing maintenance on the Ning Platform this coming Friday, December 2, from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Time. During this time, all Ning Networks will be unavailable for 2 hours.
We’re proud to have been able to realize a consistently high uptime over the past year. To keep this consistent record high, we need to perform some crucial upgrades to hardware, systems and databases. We want to ensure your Ning Network stays online and speedy for the next year and beyond.
During this time:
- Your Ning Network will display a maintenance page matching your current theme customization to let your members know that your community is temporarily unavailable.
- We will update the Ning Status Blog when this maintenance begins and ends.
- We’ll also provide ongoing updates during this maintenance period on the Ning Status Blog and on our @Ning Twitter account.
- The Creators Network will also be down for maintenance. We will update on Creators when all is complete.
We recommend advising your members of this downtime in advance via a broadcast message and/or other notices on your Main page. We’ve put together some boilerplate language you can use for messaging by simply copying and pasting. Or, tailor it for your community:
- Formal: We will be performing maintenance on [network_name] this Friday, December 2, from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Time. During this time, [network_name] will be unavailable. We hope this won’t be too much of an inconvenience as we work to perform some necessary upgrades.
- Informal: Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that we need to perform some simple but necessary maintenance on [network_name] this coming Friday, December 2. We’ll need to take the site down from 10-midnight (Pacific). During these 2 hours, we’ll simply show a message asking folks to check back later. Thanks in advance for your patience while we tune up the site!
We know that maintenance like this can be an inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience while we perform it!