If you’re like me, you might be at a loss what to get your mom for Mother’s Day. This year, skip the flowers and cheesy greeting cards and instead find a great Ning community for her to join. Does she have a love for knitting or is she a compulsive runner? Addicted to coffee or a travel buff? There’s likely a Ning community out there just for her! With over 100 million people part of Ning communities today, she might already be a part of a Ning community and not even know it!
To find a Ning site for your mom, head to Google and type in the hobby or interest you’d like to find, and add “site:ning.com” to the end of the search. This will search content and topics from Ning communities. For instance, here’s a Google search result for skiing — each result is a Ning community. We also highlight a lot of great Ning sites through our blog, the Ning Resource Center, Customer Spotlight and Inspiration pages.
Better yet, if the Ning site she joins has social sign-in enabled, she’ll be able to use her social identity from services like Facebook, Yahoo!, Google and Windows Live to sign up and sign-in, meaning 1 less screen name or password for her to remember or write down.
Ning communities for Moms
- crafthaus – PARTICIPATORY SPORT FOR CRAFT ARTISTS
- My Modern Metropolis
- MyGraficO Arts & Crafts Community
- The Crafter’s Cafe
- Knitting Community
- The Peachy Keen Connection
- The Cookery Network – The place for passionate cooks
- Navy For Moms
- Women on the Road to Rio20
Working moms & mompreneurs
- Women Advisors Forum
- Professional Leaders of Women and Girls – Providing Quality Products, Services, and Support
- Role Mommy
- Pregnant Bloggers Club – Where pregnant bloggers converge
- Executive Moms
- Chippewa Valley Moms – A Local Resource For Moms
- ParentingNH – Events, features and things to do for families in NH
- santarosamom – Conversation, ideas and events for parents in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County
- Spartanburg Moms – A gathering place for moms in Upstate South Carolina Des Moines Families – The 411 on 515.
Health & family
- Babble Playground
- National Movement for America’s Children – The Time to Awaken is Now.
Why else would you want to find a community for your mom? Hint, it benefits you…
It wasn’t so long ago that Facebook was only available to college students. But how times have changed. If you’ve tempted online fate by accepting a Facebook friend request from your parents, you know the online run-ins that can inevitably happen.
Choice examples include awkward comments made by your dad for a party photo posted by your friends, or that check-in you didn’t get the chance to de-tag before your mom wondered what you were doing out at 4 AM. Find your mom a Ning site that’ll excite and get her engaged, and you might find a bit of refuge for your Facebook account.
Does your mom want a place to share family photos or does she have friends that share the same hobbies as her but aren’t sharing with each other online? Take her Mother’s Day gift 1 step further and create a Ning community for her! This is a great way to connect your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends. All in a safe and private place, too.
Better yet, make her an admin of the community so she can take ownership and pride in keeping family and friends together through her Ning site.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom!
No related posts.