||Powerful New Capabilities:
- Mini-networks: Each group now includes almost all of the features of a full Ning Network – Blogs, Forums, Photos, custom pages, Group messages and membership.
- Customization: Choose from multiple page layout options, add a Group cover photo, customize menu items, specify what Group members are called, and modify the Group URL.
- Move Content: Move blogs, discussions and photos from one Group to another or to the main forum, blog or photos feature.
- Duplicate Content: Copy content from one Group and duplicate it to another.
- Automation: Put members into Groups automatically based on how they answer profile questions when they join, or manually add members to Groups.
- Granular Control: Specify who can create Groups or view listings of Groups. Set the feature set, layout and design for all Groups or give Group Administrators the ability to customize. Over-ride default settings for a specific Group at any time.
- Sponsorship: Add header and footer ad boxes to each Group. Control the ad code yourself or give Group administrators the ability to run their own advertising.
Why use Groups?
Increase member engagement in larger networks.
Groups help members meet and interact with members with similar interests. As a result, they’ll be less likely to be overwhelmed by the large volume of content and members in your Ning Network.
Common interest-based Groups: country, region, city, language, album, book, character, actor, sub-genre of music, area of practice, pet breed, profession.
What Other Network Creators Are Saying:
Quote 1 / network link
Quote 2 / network link
Quote 3 / network link
|Teach or activate multiple teams or classes within one online community. Save time and money by creating and managing an unlimited number of Groups in one Ning Network.
Examples: teach online classes; supplement offline classes; keep learning going after a class has ended; offer mentoring or support groups; organize offline activities; private team collaboration; beta testing, focus groups; and premium memberships.
- Invite People
- Manage Members
- Create Groups
- Send Group Messages
- Customize Your Group
- Enable the Group Hub