When you set up a feature (such as a Blog, Forum or Photo feature instance) on your Ning Network, you have the option of enabling native, Facebook, or Disqus comments. Disqus is a great way to allow visitors to your network to comment on your network’s content without having to sign up for membership.
Setting up a Disqus account is easy:
- Head to the the Disqus signup page
- Sign up with your Twitter or Google account, or sign up with an email address instead.
- Complete your profile by entering your email address, then choose a username and password for your Disqus account.
Once your Disqus account is all set up, create a shortname for your Ning Network so that you can use Disqus comments on it.
- In the “Your Sites” area on Disqus, click the “+ Add” button.
- Enter your Ning Network’s URL.
- Add a name and a shortname for your site. You can choose anything you like.
- Choose the “Universal Code” option and continue to the following page—you don’t need to copy or paste any code into your network.
Now, you’re ready to go to the Social Site Manager and select the feature you want to use with Disqus commenting. In the General section of your feature’s Page Settings, click on the drop-down menu next to “Comments” and choose “Disqus”.
Private or member-only feature instances will not be able to utilize this commenting option.
Once you select that option, you will be prompted to enter the Disqus shortname you created in step #3 above. Save your changes, and any visitor with a Disqus account will now be able to comment on your blog.