Ephemeral content is on the rise with millions of people enjoying snaps and short videos made on the spot that disappear over time. This type of content is relatively new and has been pioneered by social platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram. But its marketing potential has been quickly acknowledged by brands, influencers, and content creators.
From a trendy platform where teenagers used to show off their fancy photos, Instagram has grown into the most popular social network for sharing visual content. With 800 million active users worldwide, no wonder it is now considered as one of the most effective means of public outreach. Brands of all scales don’t spare time and resources to enhance their presence on Instagram and connect with their target audience. However, only 30% of all Instagram posts actually get seen. The rest 70% simply don’t serve their intended purpose.
The Instagram community has grown to 800 million monthly active users, and 500 million of them use it on a daily basis. If you’re dealing with e-commerce, numbers like these just don’t leave you any other choice but to put Instagram on the list of your sales channels.